Did you know packaging plays a huge role in not only attracting customers but also influencing their purchasing decisions. At Savor Brands, we're here to help you in making the best packaging decision possible for your business.
Here are 3 important things every small business owner should know when looking for coffee packaging:
1. The Differences between Rotogravure or Digital Printing:When looking for coffee packaging, you will often run into Rotogravure and Digital printing. Depending on the scale of your business, one may be a better fit than the other. At Savor Brands we offer both and we will work with you to determine which print process will best fit your needs. Here are some important things to know about the two print processes we offer:
Rotogravure: This is the most stable and cost-effective print process for volume printing.- Savor Brands' Rotogravure print minimum order quantity is 10,000pcs per SKU - Lead time is 9-11 weeks (inclusive of production + shipping to your door) - You're able to fully customize your bag dimensions down to the millimeter - Copper cylinder plate charges are incurred and number of plates depend on your final design
Digital: This print process provides flexibility and quick turnarounds.- Savor Brands' Digital print minimum order quantity is 2,000pcs per SKU - Lead time is 5-7 weeks (inclusive of production + shipping to your door) - Although there are FIXED bag dimensions, you are able to print unique and personalized designs without the the worry of cylinder plate charges
2. The Best Packaging for your Coffee has an Aluminum Barrier:The best packaging is one that protects your coffee from these three factors:
3. Important Information to include to comply with FDA Guidelines:When selling your coffee in a retail setting, it is important to ensure your coffee packaging complies with FDA guidelines. Here are important things to include on your packaging or label:
- You must indicate Whole Bean Coffee or Ground Coffee
- The phrase: Net Weight or Net Wt.
- Net weight must be indicated in both ounces and grams
If you keep these three things in mind when looking for custom coffee packaging, it will ensure no matter what packaging you choose, you will end up with the best and protective packaging for your small business. Contact us if you have any questions or would like to get your custom coffee packaging project started today!
Other Blogs of Interest
6 Easy Steps to Kickstart Your Coffee Packaging in Custom Style
Step 1: Your Brand Before we dive into the nitty gritty of custom coffee packaging, take a minute to define your brand and goals: What kind of story do you want your packaging to convey? What goal do you want to achieve with your packaging? Are y...
Custom Packaging: Rotogravure or Digital Printed Coffee Bag Packaging?
What is Digital Printing? Digital printing provides flexibility and fast lead times. Here is a breakdown of what we offer: Low MOQs - Minimum order quantities start as low as 2,000pcs per SKU Lead Time - Every digital order is air shipped to door - Lead...
5 Reasons Why the Flat/Box Bottom is 2024's Most Popular Coffee Bag to Design
1. Branding Opportunities The flat/box bottom bag style offers a large surface area for design with a total of 5 customizable panels. You'll be able to include tons of branding and product information in your bag design that will not only create an aesthetic appearance but also enhance your brand vi...
5 Reasons Why Small Businesses Should Invest in Custom Boxes with Printed Logo
1. Brand Identity: You can maximize your branding with a custom box as they offer ample surface area for you to integrate your logo and other distinctive brand and design elements. This not only creates a visual impact but also ensures your company stands out in the market. With th...